Complaint to water company for failure to meet standards

This letter can be used to demand compensation if your water company has interrupted or stopped your water supply and failed to restore it within 48 hours where emergency works to the strategic main supply pipe are required, or within 12 hours if emergency works are required for any other reason; where planned works have not been completed by a notified time; or where there has been flooding from a sewer pipe. The letter allows you to tell the water company if you did not receive notice of the works. Payment must normally be made automatically under the Ofwat Guaranteed Standards Scheme, but if you have not received this you must make a claim for it within 3 months of the incident. This document is suitable for businesses and consumers in England and Wales only.
  • The ability to draft your document using our simple questionnaire based process
  • No long winded forms to fill in; the document is created in front of you
  • Helpful legal information and guidance notes take you through the drafting process
  • You manage the development, completion and storage of your document

Law Guides

UK Legal advice guides for download

Download any of our expert legal advice guides online (PDF documents you can print). For assistance call Slater and Gordon Lawyers 24/7 on freephone 0808 175 8000 or contact us and we will call you. Specialist Solicitors are available in England, Scotland & Wales.

View and download Slater and Gordon legal advice guides