Personal Services

Law Guide

England & Wales


This section deals with the following procedures applicable in England & Wales.

Divorce (marriages) or dissolution (civil partnerships)

This looks at how to bring your marriage or civil partnership to an end, allowing you to enter into a new one.

Judicial separation (marriages) or separation (civil partnerships)

This deals with how to proceed if you do not wish to finally end your marriage or civil partnership, but still want a formal separation from your spouse or civil partner.


See this section for information on what to do if you believe your marriage or civil partnership was either never valid or has become invalid. There is information on how to get a court order to confirm that.